Learn how to cook delicious, healthy keto meals with this free keto cookbook!
You’ll find recipes for every meal of the day, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as snacks and desserts. If you’re tired of counting calories but still want to lose weight fast, check out these easy keto meals! Get your copy today and start losing weight faster!
Why Is The Ketogenic Diet So Popular?
A ketogenic diet is a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet that has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity. It is based on the idea that when your body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates from food, it will turn to stored fat for fuel. The end result is weight loss because of the calorie restriction. Studies show people lose about 4 times as much weight in 6 months compared with 1 year.
This style of eating can also be used to manage chronic conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and even cancer. It may sound too good to be true, but studies show this way of eating is actually healthy!
What can you eat on the keto diet? Well, it depends on your goals.
If your goal is to lose weight, then you will want to follow the keto food list. This means that you should be eating less than 20 grams of carbs per day. You should also be eating more protein and healthy fats. The best types of proteins for this diet are:
– Lean cuts of beef like flank steak or sirloin steak
– Poultry like chicken breast or turkey breast
– Fish like salmon or cod — Shellfish like lobster or crab
– Eggs which you can eat cooked in various ways including fried, scrambled, boiled, poached, and as an omelet — Low-carb vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, and mushrooms
– Nuts like almonds and walnuts
– Seeds such as pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
– Fatty fish like tuna, salmon, trout and mackerel
– Healthy oils such as avocado oil and olive oil
What Should I Avoid on this diet?
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that forces your body to burn fat for energy instead of glucose. If you are thinking about starting the keto diet, here are five things you should avoid:
1) Sugar — Sugar is not allowed on the keto diet. You can consume as much fruit as you want, but it should be eaten without any sweeteners such as honey or syrup. Avoid all forms of sugar including agave nectar and maple syrup. Fruit juices may have added sugars so they’re also off-limits unless they’re made with stevia. Even natural sweeteners like raw honey and pure cane sugar contain more carbs than the ketogenic diet permits.
2) Grains — These include wheat, corn, rice, oats, barley, and rye.
3) Legumes — These include beans, lentils, peanuts, and peas.
4) Sugary drinks (soda) — These beverages are loaded with sugar in the form of high fructose corn syrup which is another one of those no-nos on this diet plan.
How Can I Tell If I’m In Ketosis?
The first way to tell if you’re in ketosis is to use Ketostix, which are strips that change colors depending on the level of ketones in your body. These can be bought at most pharmacies or online. The second way to tell if you’re in ketosis is by monitoring how your body feels. When your body enters ketosis, it will often become more energized, less hungry and will experience increased mental clarity.
If you want to start out slowly, try adding just 20 grams of carbs per day (for example half an apple) and see how this affects your energy levels. If you find yourself feeling tired or ravenous again after adding carbs back into your diet, then this is likely not the diet for you.
Are There Any Side Effects To This Diet?
There are no side effects to the keto diet. Any weight loss you experience is due to the reduction of carbs. It’s important to note that some people experience flu-like symptoms when they first go on the keto diet, but this usually goes away after a few days. People with certain health conditions should consult their doctor before going on this diet. If you have diabetes, it’s especially important to consult your doctor because this diet can affect your glucose levels.
The keto diet may not be for everyone, but it has been shown to work for those who are motivated enough to stick with it and give it a try. It doesn’t matter how old you are or what shape you’re in; if this sounds like something that might help get you started on your journey to better eating habits, then check out my blog post: Get the Free Keto Cookbook and Start Losing Weight Fast!